Purpose of Training:
LTT Activity 3 (C3) was held in Antalya/Turkey between the dates 14th to 18th of January 2019. The main focus of this training was to share the comparative analysis report and the legislative aspects with supporting the technical aspect of environmental noise management (ENM) applications. In this context, LTT activity started with sharing and general overviewing of the intellectual output prepared until that time.
Main Target Group:
The main target group of this training is the staff from project partner institutions, who are working on environmental noise management especially in legislative, technical and educational base.
Since the other main target of this program was to share the experiences on noise management applications in Turkey, the experts from Turkish Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (Department of Environmental Noise Control) as policy makers to share the national noise regulation applications, the noise experts from The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) to share the noise mapping and action plans and the educator and trainers from Middle East Technical University (METU) and Chamber of Physics Engineers to share the certificate programs on environmental noise training were all attended to this activity.
Outcome of Training:
The staff attended this program got the opportunity to learn the connection between the qualification skills of environmental noise staff proposed on this project and the skills under the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) which is a common European reference framework whose purpose is to make qualifications more readable and understandable across different countries and systems supporting cross-border mobility of learners and workers and lifelong learning across Europe.
In this extent, according to both the Professional Acoustician figures experienced in Italy/Spain/Turkey and the needs coming from the results of questionnaires submitted to the main stakeholders, three different new Professional Figures have been identified in the framework of NTP project:
• The Acoustic Measurement Technician as to Level 4 under (EQF)
• The Acoustic Engineer as Level 6 under EQF
• The Acoustic Manager as Level 7 under EQF.
The staff attended to this program experienced the environmental noise measurement practice on the real case study, which gave the opportunity to work with international and work environment. This experiences also provided to increase the awareness on communication skills at intercultural work environment.
By the experts coming from the national institution as key stakeholders of this project, Turkey’s applications on environmental noise was shared legislatively and technically. This provided great opportunity both for the project partners and for themselves to share the professional experiences and to disseminate and to discuss the project outputs developed up to that time period. Hence, the participating organizations have reinforced interaction between practice, research and policy.
Dissemination of Training:
The news on this training program was published on PMEU Website, Project Linkedin Group and Project Twitter Account.
“Handbook of LTT C3 Activity on Legislative Aspects of Environmental Noise Managament in Turkey” was delivered to the participants attended to this training.
Main Agenda Items:
In this context; since the development of harmonized curriculum is one of the main outputs that we expect from this initiative, the general overview to curriculum content was presented and discussed to how the curriculum content will be delivered to in all partner countries. In addition to this, the handbook contents of each intellectual outputs were presented and shared with project partners in the first two days of training.
In the third day of activity, the workshop was organized to share the environmental noise management applications in Turkey in the scope of legal, technical and communicative aspects with project partners. Moreover, it was aimed to share and disseminate the project with the key stakeholders as main policy makers, experts from university, national science institute and NGO.
In the scope of workshop program, key experts made their presentations as follows;
– Environmental Noise Management in Antalya-Sezer KAYA, PMEU
– Brief Introduction of Project and First Results–Nilgün Akbulut Çoban, PMEU
– Curriculum Proposal on ENM, Cesar Asensio- UPM,
– Regulation on Assessment and Management of Environmental Noise, Nuray Hüsmen, Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MoEU), Ankara,
– Certification Programs on Environmental Noise in Turkey, Prof. Dr. Arzu Gönenç Sorguç, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara,
– Strategic Noise Maps in Turkey, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nesimi Özkurt-Deniz Sari, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Kocaeli,
– Strategic Action Plans in Turkey, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nesimi Özkurt-Deniz Sari, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Kocaeli
– Accreditation and Requirement of Competency of Laboratories on Acoustic, Nesrin Yilmaz Aslan, Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MoEU), Ankara
In the scope of C3 activity, the real case study was carried on in the evening time, whose main aim was to compare the environmental noise measurement and evaluation procedures according to the three different countries’ legislation. Although it was programmed for the first or second day of activity, due to the rainy weather conditions that cannot be accepted as measurement conditions according to the international standards (ISO 1996-1 and ISO 1996-2) on acoustics, this real case study was carried on the third day of C3 activity. The noise source focused on this study was one of the entertainment places that is the mostly annoyed one for the residents of that street. Hence, the environmental noise measurement was conducted at the one of the residents’ home. On the fourth day of activity, the draft results of environmental noise measurement were shared and discussed.
In the fifth day of activity, general items, delivery methodology of the project intellectual outputs and contents of the project workshop to be held in Madrid under Internoise2019, which is the most important international conference on acoustic, was discussed. Moreover, the draft structure of the article to provide the first results obtained in the scope of this project was also discussed. The C3 activity was finalized with filling the evaluation and feedback forms.
- Curriculum Proposal on ENM, Cesar Asensio- UPM
- Environmental Noise Management in Antalya-Sezer KAYA, PMEU
- Brief Introduction of Project and First Results–Nilgün Akbulut Çoban, PMEU
- Curriculum Proposal on ENM, Cesar Asensio- UPM
- Regulation on Assessment and Management of Environmental Noise, Nuray Hüsmen, Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MoEU), Ankara
- Certification Programs on Environmental Noise in Turkey, Prof. Dr. Arzu Gönenç Sorguç, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara
- Strategic Noise Maps and Action Plans in Turkey, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nesimi Özkurt-Deniz Sari, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Kocaeli
- Accreditation and Requirement of Competency of Laboratories on Acoustic, Nesrin Yilmaz Aslan, Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MoEU), Ankara